If you need Emergency Assistance while you are in Panama, please call the Philadelphia Assistance Centre on +1 215 942 8226
In 2012, International SOS established itself in Panama to support its clients’ operations.
Good quality healthcare is available in Panama City and English-speaking specialists are available in the private sector. Outside Panama City, basic health care is the only option so, if hospitalisation is required, transfer to Panama City is recommended.
Although food and water related infections are the most common issues affecting expatriates and travelers, a vaccination and prevention plan are critical to mitigate risks. Also, planning for a range of other infectious diseases, such as Malaria, Dengue, Rabies, Zika and Yellow Fever should be considered.
Business travellers face LOW travel risks overall. However, crime rates have risen in recent years, particularly in Colón and, to a lesser extent, the capital Panama City, where both petty and violent crime present significant risks. Muggings and thefts of vehicles are common and foreign visitors are often targeted because of their perceived relative wealth. Visitors are advised not to walk around Colón at any time and to visit the city only during the day. Travellers should avoid the Darién region because of the increased risk of kidnapping or violent crime by Colombian illegal armed groups and drug-trafficking groups.
- Medical staffing (doctors, nurses, paramedics and technicians)
- Remote site medical services support
- Assessment of medical services and risks related with the site or project
- Definition of response plans, protocols, implementation and operations for pandemics and infectious-contagious diseases.
- Occupational Health, fitness for work and regulatory health advisory services
- Pre-employment, regular, return to work medical examinations and exit medical examinations.
- Management and handling of medical cases
- Medical supply chain
- Medical emergencies response plan
- Medical evacuations and repatriations
- Patient transfer by ground or air ambulance
- Medical audits and assessments
- Vaccination plans
- Coordination of laboratory testing
- Reporting and regulatory reports
- Emotional and mental health support
Offices, Clinics, Assistance Centres & Regional Security Centres*
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
- Hong Kong (China, SAR)
- South Korea
- Taiwan (China)
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom